Two tops from one pattern!
View A is a top with a deep armscye and short sleeves with a faced V-neck and dipped hem, designed to wear for your warmup or cool-down, or even just with jeans.
View B is a sleeveless tank/vest top with a banded, scooped neckline and straight hem. Deep armholes, and loose, draped sides make this a perfect warm weather workout top for those who prefer a looser fit (and showing off a fancy sports bra!).
Advanced beginner sewing skills are required for this pattern - some experience with sewing knits is expected. 1cm (3/8in) seam allowances and 2cm (3/4in) hem allowance (View B) are included.
Included in your pdf download:
- Fully illustrated instructions
- Common Fit Adjustments alterations guide
- "Print at Home" version compatible with A4 and US paper, using 25 pages for Views A or B (but many pages do not require trimming and joining)
- A0 and 36 inch wide compatible "Print at Copy Shop" versions
- These are all layered pdfs, so you can just print your size(s) if your pdf app supports it (ie: Adobe Acrobat).
- View A: 1.5m (1 5/8 yard) of 150cm (60in) wide sweatshirting, technical fleece, or thick merino jersey with little or no stretch.
- View B: 90cm (1 yard) of 150cm (60in) wide “soft-touch”, lightweight technical or bamboo jersey with lots of drape and at least 20% crosswise stretch.
- Twin needle or coverstitch for elastic edges and hem (View B only)
- Coverstitch binding attachment (optional for View B)
I am a long-distance runner and also a sewist - I've long been disappointed by the quality and fit of exercise clothing available on the market, so I've been sewing my own for the past few years - even running seven full marathons in my own-sewn gear! All my digital sewing patterns have been road-tested by myself and a team of fellow fit sewists.
My patterns are for personal use only. No commercial use of the products made from this pattern or derivations thereof is allowed. So feel free to make them for yourself, friends, family, etc, but you can't sell products made from my patterns.
If you don't sew but love the design, get in touch as I can also make these on demand.
This is a digital product - you will receive an email with the download link shortly after purchase. Please check your Spam folder, but if it hasn't arrived in 24hrs, please get in touch.
Note: This pattern was formerly known as the "Kimono Sweat".