Two tops from one pattern!
View A is a top with a deep armscye and short sleeves with a faced V-neck and dipped hem, designed to wear for your warmup or cool-down, or even just with jeans.
View B is a sleeveless tank/vest top with a banded, scooped neckline and straight hem. Deep armholes, and loose, draped sides make this a perfect warm weather workout top for those who prefer a looser fit (and showing off a fancy sports bra!).
Update for 2020: This now comes as layered pdfs, so you can just print your size(s) if your pdf app supports it (ie: Adobe Acrobat).
Advanced beginner sewing skills are required for this pattern - some experience with sewing knits is expected. 1cm (3/8in) seam allowances and 2cm (3/4in) hem allowance (View B) are included.
- Fully illustrated instructions
- 6 sizes (see images for size chart)
- Common Fit Adjustments alterations guide
- "Trimless" Print at Home pdf (compatible with A4 and US Letter), using 25 pages for Views A or B (but many pages do not require trimming and joining)
- A0 and 36 inch wide compatible "Print at Copy Shop" versions
- Layered pdfs, so you can just print your size(s) if your pdf app supports it (ie: Adobe Acrobat).
- Projector-optimized pdf
- View A: 1.5m (1 5/8 yard) of 150cm (60in) wide sweatshirting, technical fleece, or thick merino jersey with little or no stretch.
- View B: 90cm (1 yard) of 150cm (60in) wide “soft-touch”, lightweight technical or bamboo jersey with lots of drape and at least 20% crosswise stretch.
- Twin needle or coverstitch for elastic edges and hem (View B only)
- Coverstitch binding attachment (optional for View B)
I am a long-distance runner and also a sewist - I've long been disappointed by the quality and fit of exercise clothing available on the market, so I've been sewing my own for the past few years - even running seven full marathons in my own-sewn gear! All my digital sewing patterns have been road-tested by myself and a team of fellow fit sewists.
Our patterns are for personal use only. No commercial use of the products made from this pattern or derivations thereof is allowed. So feel free to make them for yourself, friends, family, etc, but you can't sell products made from these patterns.
This is a digital product - you will receive an email with the download link shortly after purchase. Please check your Spam folder, but if it hasn't arrived in 24hrs, please get in touch.
Note: This pattern was formerly known as the "Kimono Sweat".