PB Jam Leggings
This is a digital sewing pattern for close-fitting, workout leggings with contrast swirl design on the upper front thigh leading to the upper back. There’s a hidden pocket inside at the upper centre back, perfect for gels, keys, or your phone, and contrast panels at the back of your knees are perfect for mesh fabrics. An elasticated, high-rise waistband means they won’t shift around as you move, either!
UPDATED FOR 2020: This pattern is now layered, with an much improved fit, many more notches to make the sewing of the curved sections easier, layered pdfs, improved illustrations, finished garment measurements (see photos) and we've made improvements to the readability of the pattern.
Intermediate sewing skills are required for this pattern - some experience with sewing knits is expected. Note that this pattern requires stretch jersey fabric with good recovery - it is drafted with negative ease!
1cm (3/8in) seam allowances are included except for the waistband edge, where a 2cm (3/8in) elastic allowance is included. A 3cm (1 1/4in) hem allowance is also included.
This pattern is designed and tested to print onto both A4 and US Letter paper, and uses 24 pages for the pattern. An A0 compatible "Print at Copy Shop" version is also included. All pattern files are layered so you may print only the size(s) you choose.
- Layered pdfs (with separate sizes)
- Print at Home pdf (compatible with A4 and US Letter)
- Copy Shop pdf (compatible with A0 and 36in wide)
- Projector-optimized pdf
- Fully illustrated instructions
- 6 sizes (see images for size chart)
- 1m (1 1/4yd) of 150cm (60in) wide main Lycra jersey with at least 50% stretch in both directions and good recovery (wicking lycra is ideal!). Lots of great lycra shops only sell by the whole meter - this is designed so you only need to buy one meter of main fabric!
- Less than 0.5m (<1/2yd) contrast lycra jersey (if coordinating with the XYT Workout Top, 1m or 1yd of fabric is sufficient for the top and leggings contrasts!)
- Less than 1m of 2cm (3/4in) woven (aka “braided”) waistband elastic
Online sportswear fabrics can be found at a multitude of online shops. I’ve compiled a global list at http://bit.ly/exfabriclist
I am a long-distance runner and also a sewist - I've long been disappointed by the quality and fit of exercise clothing available on the market, so I've been sewing my own for the past few years - even running seven full marathons in my own-sewn gear! All my digital sewing patterns have been road-tested by myself and a team of fellow fit sewists.
My patterns are for personal use only. No commercial use of the products made from this pattern or derivations thereof is allowed. So feel free to make them for yourself, friends, family, etc, but you can't sell products made from my patterns.
This is a digital product - you will receive an email with the download link shortly after purchase. Please check your Spam folder, but if it hasn't arrived in 24hrs, please get in touch.