"Näh dir deine Sportswear" Book (signed)
Signed copies were available for a very limited time only and are no longer available direct from the author. Please refer to the list of international resellers at SewYourOwnActivewear.com to buy your copy.
"Näh dir deine Sportswear" is the German edition of "Sew Your Own Activewear", the debut book from FehrTrade founder and activewear sewing specialist Melissa Fehr. It has been translated by a native German speaker specialising in sewing to the highest quality while retaining the original illustrations, photography, and advice from the original.
In this book you'll learn how to sew, fit, and adapt the included four basic block patterns into thirteen different activewear designs, including:
- Ärmelloses Top (Vest Top)
- Sport-Bustier (Crop Top)
- Shirt Mit Langen Ärmeln (Winter Base Layer)
- Radler Shirt (Cycling Top)
- Raglan T-Shirt
- Kapuzen-Shirt (Hoodie)
- Sportjacke (Active Jacket)
- Trendige Leggings (Active Leggings)
- Yoga-Hose (Yoga Bottoms)
- Radler-Shorts (Cycling Shorts)
- Warme Hose (Warm-Up Bottoms)
- Luftige Shorts (Split Shorts)
Additionally, you'll learn how to sew robust seams (on an overlocker/serger or standard sewing machine), select appropriate activewear fabrics, and adapt patterns to your specific sporting requirements including:
- Add a gusset to any leggings
- Convert standard sleeves to raglan
- Sew 8(!!) different kinds of pockets
- Adjust for 21 common fit issues
- Sew a wide, yoga-style waistband
- Add a thumb-cuff to any top without hand sewing
- And sew much more!
The book is full colour, hardback, 128 pages, published by Christophorus Verlag, and includes pull-out patterns for four basic blocks (See photos for size range). This edition will be signed by the author and shipped from London (please state in the order comments if you'd like it to be written to a specific name).
This is for the German edition only. Please go to www.SewYourOwnActivewear.com to see in-depth posts about the designs in the book as well as learn how to buy an English copy through Amazon or other book sellers.
Please note there is now a new, additional bottom block available for free download to all those who own the book. If purchasing a signed copy now, also add the Compression Fitting Bottom Block to your cart and it will automatically be free (no coupon code required).