Surf to Summit Top (Ladies')
This is a pattern for a top with long or short raglan sleeves with optional sleeve mitts, tall integral collar to keep your neck covered, princess seams with side panel, and your choice of two hem lengths. An optional half zip and back cycling-style pocket are also included.
This is the LADIES' EDITION of this pattern. A Men's edition is also available.
The basic, no optional extras version is suitable for beginners, but some experience with sewing knits and technical fabrics is expected. The half zip, sleeve mitts, and cycling pocket require intermediate sewing skills.
The top is drafted to be snug-fitting through the bust, and looser throughout the waist and hips, and with ample room through the shoulders to allow forward arm movement.
1cm (3/8in) seam allowances and 1.5cm (5/8in) hem allowances are included throughout. I have also included diagrams showing how to make common fit adjustments to this pattern (in addition to my usual illustrated instructions!).
This pattern is designed and tested to print onto both A4 and US Letter paper, and uses 30 pages for the pattern (but many pages do not require trimming and joining). An A0 compatible "Print at Copy Shop" version is also included. Updated for 2019: This pattern is now layered, so that you can print individual sizes if desired.
- Layered pdfs (with separate sizes)
- Print at Home pdf (compatible with A4 and US Letter)
- Copy Shop pdf (compatible with A0 and 36in wide)
- Projector-optimized pdf
- Fully illustrated instructions
- 6 sizes (see images for size chart)
- Common Fit Adjustments guide
- Basic Top: 1.5m (1.5 yard) of lycra or other 4-way stretch fabric such as wicking polyester jersey, merino jersey, or supplex jersey.
- Optional Extras: require a further 30cm (1/4 yd)
- Twin needle or coverstitch for elastic edges and hem
- 2m (2yd) FOE (aka “fold over elastic”) or other binding for the cycling pocket and dipped hem extras.
- One 18cm (7in) plastic teeth, closed-end zipper for the Half Zip optional extra
- Lightweight, knit interfacing for the Half Zip optional extra.
Online sportswear fabrics can be found at a multitude of online shops. I’ve compiled a global list at http://bit.ly/exfabriclist
I am a long-distance runner and also a sewist - I've long been disappointed by the quality and fit of exercise clothing available on the market, so I've been sewing my own for the past few years - even running seven full marathons in my own-sewn gear! All my digital sewing patterns have been road-tested by myself and a team of fellow fit sewists.
My patterns are for personal use only. No commercial use of the products made from this pattern or derivations thereof is allowed. So feel free to make them for yourself, friends, family, etc, but you can't sell products made from my patterns.
This is a digital product - you will receive an email with the download link shortly after purchase. Please check your Spam folder, but if it hasn't arrived in 24hrs, please get in touch.